Project Support Grants support Fairfax arts organizations in providing activities that engage new audiences in the arts and contribute to the quality of life in Fairfax County. Project Support Grants range from $1K to $30K in three categories:
- Arts in education
- Partnerships with individual artists
Nonprofit arts organizations based in Fairfax County, the city of Fairfax, or the city of Falls Church are eligible to apply for a Project Support Grant in one of the three categories.
Application Review Process
Project Support Grants are awarded through a competitive process. Staff review each application to ensure its completeness and the applicant’s eligibility. Applications are then reviewed by panels composed of arts professionals with experience in a variety of disciplines.
The panel meetings where each application is reviewed are open to the public, and applicants are encouraged to attend and observe. Following the panel meetings, the Grants Committee, a standing committee including members of the ARTSFAIRFAX Board of Directors, makes funding recommendations based upon the panel’s scores for approval by the ARTSFAIRFAX Board of Directors.
- March 14, 2018: Project Support Grant Workshop.
- May 23, 2018: Project Support Grant application deadline. Apply here.
- July 18-19, 2018: Project Support Grant panels.
- August 1, 2018: Final reports are due from organizations awarded FY 2018 Project Support Grants are due. Reporting forms must be completed online.
- September 2018: Project Support Grant announcement.
Image Caption: Fairfax County cultural capital begins with increasing an appreciation of the arts, building future audiences and nurturing the next generation of dancers, writers and other artists. ARTSFAIRFAX Project Support Grants invest in programs and projects that meet these needs. With its grant, BalletNOVA multiplied the impact of its classical ballet performances by integrating them into a curriculum of a multi-week dance residency for elementary school children.