This position is responsible for managing ArtsFairfax’s grant program for arts organizations and artists serving as a model steward of public funds through transparent and equitable practices. The Grants Manager will work to expand the reach of ArtsFairfax and make its grants accessible to a diverse arts community. The Grants Manager works with the Director of Grants and Services to develop new policies and initiatives and modify existing programs in response to community needs and to advance organizational goals.
Grant Program Management
- Administer the annual granting process for five grant programs including new grant programs under development.
- Manage Submittable on-line grant portal including creating and testing applications, final reports, and related forms. Provide grantee and panelist technical support and troubleshooting.
- Manage review process for all grant programs including recruiting 30-40 grant reviewers for 8-12 panel meetings and internal review of Fast Track grant applications.
- Update grant guidelines and applications as needed and per grants committee recommendations.
- Design and coordinate grantee cohort learning program including consultants and speakers.
- Check applications for eligibility and completeness.
- Identify and share resources to assist grant applicants and reviewers including consultant listings, model applications, and webinars.
- Establish and maintain a continuous feedback loop for the Grants Program including one on one interviews, focus groups and surveys of arts organizations, panelists, and artists.
- Analyze grant data, develop goals and metrics for the Grant Program, and identify performance metrics.
- Build cross sector relationships to identify and encourage new applicants.
- Facilitate relationships resulting in projects, programs, and collaborations.
- Serve as main point of contact with ArtsFairfax Grants Committee including coordinating schedule, agenda, and minutes for approximately five meetings per year.
- Conduct best practice research.
- Coordinate grant information sessions and panel orientations.
- Write annual and periodic grant reports.
- Represent ArtsFairfax at Grantee events and serve as reviewer for other grantmakers in the arts upon request.
- Articulate and advocate for grant policy issues effecting Fairfax County.
- Coordinate correspondence, communications, agreements, and payments to grantees, reviewers, grants committee, partner organizations, speakers, facilitators, and consultants.
- Work with Communications staff to promote grant programs and update website.
- Assist with development of Grant Program budgets and track grant program expenses and payments.
- Work with development staff to provide content for grant applications and final reports to funders.
- Maintain accurate records for retrieval of information by staff including success stories, photos, videos, and payments.
- Create and update CRM (Donor Perfect) records for grant recipients and potential applicants.
- Keep Outlook calendars up to date for Grant Program.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Background and experience in grant management including on-line grant administration systems.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple complex programs simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to plan, initiate and complete tasks and projects independently, as well as ability to work well on a team.
- Diplomacy for interactions with staff, board members, and arts community.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of the Fairfax and regional arts community.
- Experience developing and executing new programs and strategies including building program budgets and managing program evaluations.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Grants and Services
Full time position: 40 hours per week (flexible schedule)
Start date: September 1, 2021
Work location: Remote and 2667 Prosperity Ave, Fairfax, Virginia 22031
Benefits: 100% major medical health benefits for employee, with the option to add family coverage at employee expense. Employees receive paid vacation, sick, holidays, jury duty, bereavement, and personal days per HR Policies Manual. We offer a retirement program for non-matched employee contribution.
ArtsFairfax is a 501c3 local arts agency that provides arts information and advocacy services to the general public; grants financial support to arts organizations and programs in Fairfax County; and offers arts services to artists, arts organizations and the Fairfax community.
ArtsFairfax Diversity Statement:
Diversity fuels creativity. Creativity fuels the arts.
ArtsFairfax embraces diversity in everything we do because diverse perspectives, diverse influences, and diverse audiences help our community thrive.
By including Fairfax County’s wonderful panoply of cultures, races, generations, and orientations in the Arts, we enrich everyone’s lives.
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail resume & cover letter to Lisa Mariam, Director of Grants and Services at email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Position open until filled.