POSITION: Information Technology and Data Manager
Part-time position: 20 hours per week
Start date: May 20th or until filled
Work location: 2667 Prosperity Ave, Fairfax, Virginia 22031.
Salary: $25,000 annual salary (part-time position)
Other Compensation: 100% major medical health benefits for employee, with the option to add family coverage at employee expense. Employees receive paid vacation, sick, holidays, jury duty, bereavement, and personal days per HR Policies Manual. We offer a retirement program for non-matched employee contribution.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Communications
ARTSFAIRFAX is a 501c3 local arts agency that provides arts information and advocacy services to the general public; grants financial support to arts organizations and programs in Fairfax County; and offers capacity building services to artists, arts organizations and the Fairfax community. The Arts Council has a staff of 4-6 FTE, and an annual operating budget of $1.3M.
ARTSFAIRFAX is the voice of the arts, dedicated to fostering dynamic and diverse local arts, ensuring the arts thrive by providing vision, leadership, capacity building services, advocacy, funding, and education. ARTSFAIRFAX is funded in part by Fairfax County, corporations, foundations, individuals, and the Virginia Commission for the Arts, an agency supported in part by the National Endowment for the Arts.
This position is charged with overseeing ARTSFAIRFAX’s website, technology and data management. Qualified candidates will have a strong understanding of database management, website management and tools, basic coding, and integration between all systems.
- Maintain the integrity of the website, database and full function of computers, printers and server
- Manage oversight of off-site contractors for website and server
- Provide statistical analysis, create backups and generate reports
- Work with staff/content providers on web edit requests
- Lead staff training on technology, when required
- Manage the purchase and upgrades of technology (hardware & software)
- Manage contract to maintain server, public IP/Firewall protection, network switches and implementation of software and procedures for a cyber threat.
- Implement a database strategy to manage research initiatives, if required
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Qualified candidates will have experience in Microsoft Office 365 and licenses, email blast services, WordPress, HTML, CCS preferred, Python and A+, Security+ and/or Network+ certifications, and experience in database management. He/she will have experience troubleshooting requests, strong interpersonal skills and time management and prioritization experience. Preferred candidates will have experience with IT management, CRM software and coding, knowledge of HTML and CCS code, familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and SQL experience. Candidates must be able to work diplomatically with board members, staff, interns, and volunteers in a not-for-profit setting.
E-mail resume and cover letter to Dana Stewart, Director of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only potential candidates will be contacted.