Organizational and Professional Development Grants
Organizational and Professional Development Grants encourage the advancement of the arts in Fairfax County by improving the organizational management of nonprofit arts organizations within the boundaries of Fairfax County. Grants awarded range in size from $1K to $5K.
Nonprofit arts organizations based in Fairfax County, the city of Fairfax, or the city of Falls Church are eligible to apply for the following organizational and professional development opportunities:
- Professional development training or conferences
- Consultant services
- Program evaluation
- Strategic planning initiatives
- Marketing and communications plan creation
- Technology updates
- Financial management training
- Website design
Application Review Process
Organizational and Professional Development Grants are awarded through a competitive process. Staff review each application to ensure its completeness and the applicant’s eligibility. Applications are then reviewed by a panel composed of arts professionals with experience in a variety of disciplines.
The panel meetings where each application is reviewed are open to the public, and applicants are encouraged to attend and observe. Following the panel meetings, the Grants Committee, a standing committee including members of the ARTSFAIRFAX Board of Directors, makes funding recommendations based upon the panel’s scores for approval by the ARTSFAIRFAX Board of Directors.
- July 31, 2018: Organizational and Professional Development Grant Workshop.
- August 1, 2018: Final report due date for organizations awarded FY 2018 Organizational and Professional Development Grants are due. Reporting forms must be completed online.
- September 5, 2018: Organizational and Professional Development Grant application deadline. Apply here.
- October 24, 2018: Organizational and Professional Development Grant panel.
- December 2018: Organizational and Professional Development Grant announcement.
Image Caption: Investments in improving management, as well as infrastructure are fundamental to a sustainable and vital cultural infrastructure. For the Workhouse Arts Foundation addressing the challenge of how an organizations takes steps toward becoming a dynamic performing arts venue began with an ARTSFAIRFAX Organizational and Professional Development award, which enabled key staff to learn from some of country’s and worlds’ premiere arts presenters.