Encore Stage & Studio is searching for a dynamic, values-driven professional to join our team as Programs Manager.
Who We Are
Encore Stage & Studio inspires young people to develop the creativity, empathy and confidence they need to create meaningful connections with peers and have a positive impact in their communities. For more information, please see Encore Stage & Studio’s website at encorestage.org.
What You’ll Do
As an important member of our team, you’ll work collaboratively with Encore’s creative and energetic staff in support of “theatre by kids, for kids.” This position reports to Encore’s Director of Programming to ensure the success of Encore’s award-winning classes, camps, outreach programs and productions.
● Assist Encore’s Programming Department with the planning, implementation and evaluation of classes and camps.
● Oversee day-to-day logistics of Encore’s successful education programs by providing leadership and on-site management, particularly for Encore’s popular mini-camps and It’s Elementary summer camp.
● Direct productions for Encore’s school residency program
● Provide mentorship and support to teaching artists through training, scheduling, professional development, and evaluation.
● Collaborate in developing lesson plans, curriculum guides and support materials
● Coordinate Encore’s student volunteer program
● Teach classes for Encore and substitute for teaching artists as necessary
● Work with students and parents that may need accommodations or additional support
● Promote school-based classes by liaising with local schools, PTAs, and other community groups
● Represent Encore to stakeholders; act as an ambassador for the organization
● Promoting Encore’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
What’s In It For You
Encore is dedicated to a professional and engaged work environment where you will be a valued team member. This is a 40 hour per week position. Encore’s weekday office hours are 10:00 am to 6:00 pm (camp hours begin at 8:15 am). Evening and weekend hours are required to accommodate classes, productions and events.
You’ll receive a salary of $45,000+ as well as benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, matching retirement savings program, paid sick and vacation, holidays and a week of paid leave each December 24 – January 1.
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking a personable, energetic individual with a passion for empowering children through the arts. This is an exciting opportunity if your interests include community engagement, theatre and the performing arts, and children’s programming.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
● 3 -5 years work experience in theatre, arts management, education, recreation or related field
● Camp management experience and/or supervision of teaching artists is preferred
● A positive attitude with flexibility and creativity as core personality traits
● Attention to detail with excellent communication abilities
● Strong customer service skills and calm presence in stressful situations
● Experience in managing multiple tasks and coordinating with parents and volunteers
● Initiative to work both independently and with a team
● A commitment to and understanding of Encore Stage & Studio’s mission, vision and values
We strongly encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, identities, and abilities to apply.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Programs Manager” in the subject line.