Broadway Gallery is a full-service art and picture framing company. We offer complete art services to a wide range of corporate and residential clients. We are looking for an individual to join our team managing our gallery and showroom in Great Falls, Virginia. This job entails building sales relationships with our current client base and developing/expanding a cliental of your own through networking and business development opportunities. The individual will need to be experienced in selling artwork and picture framing services to a wide range of clients. Must have a good sense of interior design and an understanding of how artwork completes the space.
The gallery and showroom manager is the primary point of contact for clients. The ideal candidate is creative, self-motivating, and has a background in the arts. The gallery manager is responsible for creating custom frame designs and solutions for a variety of mediums, selling artwork to clients, and performing the daily maintenance tasks of a gallery. This person should be able to juggle multiple on-going projects, work independently and with a team, and develop creative, yet practical solutions to problems. This is a full-time position with a salary ranged from 40k-75k based on experience. Benefits included. Overtime is available. On-the-job training is available.
- Work with clients to create custom frame designs for a variety of art mediums.
- Educate clients on proper archival care of artwork and hanging techniques.
- Coordinate artist out-reach to feature new artists at the gallery and in exhibitions.
- Coordinate shipping logistics for incoming and outgoing artwork.
- Prepare art for transportation and storage.
- Take photos of finished projects.
- Coordinate with team members on projects and events.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance: open and close, order supplies, phone enquiries, inventory of art.
- Coordinate with offsite appraisers, restorers, and other creative professionals.
- Project management- setting deadlines and priorities while communicating project status with clients.
- Perform sales transactions with cash, credit, debit, or check.
- A background in studio art, art history, museum studies, or related field.
- Can easily lift 30+ lbs.
- Computer skills – can navigate Microsoft suites. Experience using LifeSaver software is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge and experience with art hand tools.
If you do not meet all of these qualifications, you are still encouraged to apply. We are willing to train the right person. Please email a resume to email@example.com