Full-time 40 hours per week. Will consider a 30-hour per
week position if desired by applicant.
Annual Salary: upper 60s depending on experience.
Benefits: 100% major medical health, paid vacation, paid holidays, bereavement, and personal leave, for full and part-time positions. We offer the option to add family health coverage at employee expense. A non-matched employee contribution to 403B retirement program is available.
Position Start Date: Available as of June 1, 2021. Open until filled.
Reports To: President & CEO
Location: Work will be remote and in-person at ArtsFairfax. ArtsFairfax is located at 2667 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax Virginia 22031, 3 blocks from the Dunn Loring/Merrifield metro stop on the Orange Line. Free staff parking available. Some travel to local/regional meetings required.
ArtsFairfax is a not-for-profit local arts agency that provides grants, information services, capacity building and educational programs to the county’s arts community. ArtsFairfax promotes the arts to the general public, collaborates with other civic organizations to make the arts more accessible to the public, and advocates for the support of the arts. ArtsFairfax plays a leadership role in the support and growth of the arts in Fairfax County.
This is a senior level position charged with directing and managing key development and support objectives to include government and private sector revenue and a major annual fundraising event. The position will work with the President/CEO and Board of Directors’ Development Committee to set priorities and strategies in these functions and manage implementation. The position collaborates with two other senior positions to inform and advance ArtsFairfax’ successful positioning in the community. The position manages 1 full-time Development Manager. The position is subject to all employee policies and benefits. An Employee Policies Handbook will be provided.
Development responsibilities include:
- Board of Directors & President/CEO; Works with President/CEO and Board members in all fundraising activities, to include development of new initiatives as well as on-going efforts.
- Board Development Committee; serve as main staff liaison and support to committee activities and communications.
- Manage development contracts; such as fundraising related assistance and development systems contracts.
- Government grants; currently represents 78% of total income and includes Fairfax County annual operating and special requests; Virginia Commission for the Arts annual operating and special requests; National Endowment for the arts special requests.
- Corporate and Foundation gifts; currently 10% of total income, predominantly project related, with typically 3-4 project initiatives per year. Objective to grow funding from these sources.
- Individual Giving; currently 3% of total income, with majority of funding coming from Board of Directors and special requests. Objective to grow funding from this source.
- Annual fundraising event; ArtsFairfax holds an annual Arts Awards luncheon with 300-400 attendees that raises a net income average of $50,000 – $70,000, raised through corporate, foundation, and individual sponsorships and individual table and seat sales. The event utilizes event contractors as needed. Small cultivation events are a desired growth strategy.
- Development management systems: DonorPerfect CRM
- Supervise; one full-time Development Manager who assists with recordkeeping systems, development communications, and manages DonorPerfect.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
Appropriate work history in development management and fundraising activities relative to job description. Highly effective communications skills, both written and verbal. Ability to work professionally and collegially with donors, board of directors, staff and volunteers. Good organizational and supervisory skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, Adobe, Zoom, and CRM (DonorPerfect preferred). No calls please. ArtsFairfax is an equal opportunity employer.