Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a Coordinator, Social Media to research and create original content awareness and tell the story of the Foundation’s diverse programs for an ever-growing and evolving online audience. The position provides support for the social media team. Responsibilities include crafting, creating, and curating content that is engaging, meaningful, builds community, and promotes interest in Wolf Trap’s programs, events, fundraising, and performances at the Filene Center, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, and The Barns at Wolf Trap, as well as Wolf Trap’s education programs and Wolf Trap Opera’s professional training program. As a member of the in-house social media team, this position will focus on crafting compelling written content, monitoring channels, and elevating the social media team by way of creative collaboration, strategic thinking, and engaging the Foundation’s online community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Social Media Copywriting:
- Craft timely, relevant copy that engages Wolf Trap audiences and is aligned to the Foundation’s objectives, including social media posts, captions, status updates, events, tweets, blog posts, polls, contests, etc.
- Research, write, edit and publish engaging copy for various social media networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Optimize social media posts (language, tone, messaging) based on target audience’s behaviors and platform.
Content Creation and Curation:
- Produce a regularly-updated social content editorial calendar. Optimize content for different social media platforms and ad needs.
- Develop performance-specific content and deploy social media tactics to engage and amplify the impact of live audiences during Wolf Trap performances. Attend select performances to create and curate content.
- Ensure platforms have a steady flow of written and visual content, including daily updates, photos, and videos.
- Use critical thinking skills and best practices to combine edits and produce clear, error-free, copy for deployment on social media channels, blogs, etc.
Channel and Community Management:
- In collaboration with the social media team, monitor and actively engage with patrons on social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, and YouTube), staying apprised of the latest trends and changes that may impact channel performance and propose appropriate content for Wolf Trap social media accounts.
- Connect with artists’ social properties and online fan-base to increase awareness of upcoming Wolf Trap performances.
- Cultivate an ever-growing and changing, engaged online community of Wolf Trap supporters. Facilitate conversations between patrons and the organization.
- Collaborate with in-house graphic designers, multimedia team, and social media team, to ensure that visuals align with the Foundation’s look/feel.
- Schedule out timely, error-free content on social media channels.
- Coordinate, edit, and finalize organization-wide editorial calendar, with a focus on content for social media channels.
- Collaborate with Development, Special Events, Education, Production and Programming, as well as other departments to identify opportunities to promote Wolf Trap activities via social media.
- Contribute to development of photo and video library, collaborating with Communications and Marketing and the Creative Team to ensure an organized, accessible set of assets to populate social channels.
- Work with Communications, Marketing, and Creative teams to brainstorm, develop, and enhance digital content for patrons.
- Regularly review content from team members and provide suggestions on how to enhance social media initiatives, strategies, videos, digital publications, blogs, content, etc.
Monitoring and Analysis:
- Daily monitoring of Wolf Trap channels to assist with patron needs, engagements, and trends. Refer patron concerns and conversations to relevant staff.
- Measure, analyze, and report social media impact.
- Regularly create reports on social media metrics such as engagement, reach, follower
- growth, etc.
On Site Activities:
- Provide as-needed content generation and staffing support for the Communications and Marketing department in its efforts surrounding both the Filene Center, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods, and The Barns at Wolf Trap performance seasons, special events, audience development, fundraising, and other initiatives.
- In collaboration with the social media team, regularly capture on-site Stories, Reels, TikToks, multimedia content, etc. for use on social.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Media, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Digital Audience Development, or related field or equivalent transferrable experience.
- At least 3 years professional social media experience, including experience cultivating online communities on behalf of a brand.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Portfolio showcasing professional social media experience.
- Impeccable writing, editing, and research skills, and the ability to write effectively across a variety of styles and channels.
- Knowledge of the principles and best practices of social media content for major platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and TikTok) and trends
- Demonstrated success in conceiving and deploying written and visual content to further organizational goals.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and stakeholders.
- Strong relationship-building skills. Ability to contribute to a cross-functional team, and to execute digital communications in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; exercise independent discretion and initiative; and combine an attention to detail with broader strategic vision.
- Basic multimedia skills, including the ability to create and manipulate basic graphic, photo, and video content for use in social media. Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite.
- Interest in music, especially classical and opera helpful, but not required.
- Spanish language writing and reading skills preferred, but not required.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment (i.e. calculator, scanner, copier, printer, etc.)
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, bend and reach with arms
- Lift/move up to 20 pounds infrequently
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, Social Media
POSITION MANAGES: None
POSITION LOCATION: Hybrid – will require days onsite and allow telework