Part-time, optional 20 to 30 hour per week position. Growth to a full-time position is anticipated within two years.
Prorated salary based on annual $65K.
Benefits: 100% major medical health, paid vacation, paid holidays, bereavement, and personal leave, for full and part-time positions. We offer the option to add family health coverage at employee expense. A non-matched employee contribution to 403B retirement program is available.
Position Start Date: Available as of June 1, 2021. Open until filled.
Reports To: President & CEO
Location: Work will be remote and in-person at ArtsFairfax. ArtsFairfax is located at 2667 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax Virginia 22031, 3 blocks from the Dunn Loring/Merrifield metro stop on the Orange Line. Free staff parking available.
ArtsFairfax is a not-for-profit local arts agency that provides grants, information services, capacity building and educational programs to the county’s arts community. ArtsFairfax promotes the arts to the general public, collaborates with other civic organizations to make the arts more accessible to the public, and advocates for the support of the arts. ArtsFairfax plays a leadership role in the support and growth of the arts in Fairfax County.
The Business & Operations Manager will supervise all business aspects of $1.5M operations assuring that the systems of the organization are efficient, effective, and professional. Business operations include financial management, human resource management, facility and general administrative activities. ArtsFairfax has a staff of 7 full-time and 3 part-time. The position is subject to all employee policies and benefits. An Employee Policies Handbook will be provided.
- Financial Management
Oversee financial activities to include:
- Manage and work with outsource service contracts such as accounting services, audit, and HR services.
- Oversee daily financial record keeping.
- Manage bank accounts.
- Prepare for and review monthly financial reports with accountants, CEO, Treasurer and Board Finance Committee.
- Work with accountants and auditors to prepare for and complete annual audit.
- Ensure organizational adherence to financial policies.
- Staff liaison to the Board Finance Committee
- Human Resources Management
- Oversee and work with outsource payroll service, submission of timesheets and payroll questions.
- Maintain Health Insurance contracts and broker communications.
- Maintain personnel records. Process new hire paperwork and provide HR information packets to staff and all hires.
- Authorize leave and benefit use and report to CEO.
- Keep Personnel Policies up to date (periodic review).
- General & Administrative & Operations Management
- Maintain well organized administrative files.
- Maintain telephone & mail services.
- Maintain office equipment, inventories and supplies and office equipment contracts.
- Maintain General Liability, D&O, and other Insurance policies as needed.
- Staff liaison to County for lease and maintenance management.
- Oversee cleaning and other building service contracts as needed.
- Maintain annual government filings.
- Provide support to President & CEO
- Set up Board & staff meetings and maintain meeting minutes.
- Some appointment set-up and travel/accommodation arrangements for President & CEO (infrequent).
- Provide technical and communications support to the President & CEO.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
The candidate should have:
- A minimum of 5-years experience in related financial, business and operations management.
- Excellent organizational skills, be able to initiate and complete tasks and projects without close supervision, provide accurate and timely recordkeeping and reporting, and ability to manage task scheduling and information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work diplomatically and productively with board, staff, interns, and vendors.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, Adobe, Zoom, Quickbooks.
ArtsFairfax is an equal opportunity employer.