Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks an Assistant, Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts (Variable, up to 29 hours per week, September 2022 – June 2023) to provide administrative support and coordination for programs and activities of the Wolf Trap Institute.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Moderate virtual workshop events (includes running PowerPoint presentation, admitting participants, making opening/closing announcements, monitoring chat).
- Assist in creating and processing teaching artist contracts.
- Enter contracted services on education calendar and into associated spreadsheets or databases.
- Support tracking and reporting for Residencies, Professional Development and Family Involvement Workshops.
- Communicate with teaching artists and teachers throughout service period.
- Track expenses on spreadsheets and assist in reconciling expenses with budget.
- Create and send confirmation documents for services.
- Assist in generating program reports on services.
- Gather research on early childhood and arts conference and assist in submission of presentation proposals.
- Gather, prepare, and organize materials for program events, conferences, and meetings.
- Support requests for information from internal departments.
- Assist Institute teams with coordination, tracking, and reporting on services.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with processing and recording financial transactions (check requests, receipts, travel arrangements)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and identify departmental needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
- Regularly operates a computer and other office equipment (i.e. calculator, copier, printer, etc.)
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, bend and reach with arms
- Lift/move up to 10 pounds infrequently
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, Metro DC/MD/VA Services
POSITION LOCATION: Hybrid – will require days onsite and allow telework
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We work to reflect and be representative of the communities in which we serve and in which we reside. Qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance or an accommodation in our job application processes should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check and providing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who cannot get vaccinated for bona fide disability or religious reasons should also contact HR at email@example.com so they can determine if reasonable accommodations can be made.
Variable employees enjoy complimentary tickets to select performances and discounts at concessions and the gift shop.