Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks an Assistant, Executive Office to provide general administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer to help advance the Foundation’s communications and marketing, development, education, human resources, patron services and government relations programs. Manage specific Foundation-wide projects in support of these programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and maintain calendar for COO; make appointments, travel arrangements and prepare itineraries and supporting materials as necessary.
- Schedule meetings, reserve meeting rooms and ensure support services such as catering, audio/visual and other essential services are in place.
- Draft memos, correspondence and reports using word processing, spreadsheet, ticketing, and donor records database software.
- Create and maintain databases, files and records.
- Conduct research and assemble information for review.
- Complete and process expense reports, invoices and check requests.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining annual expense budget.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Answer, screen and direct telephone calls; review and distribute department correspondence.
- Provide back-up support for the Executive Assistant, Executive Office and President and CEO, as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist Committee staff representatives with preparation for and follow-up to meetings of standing Committees of the Board, as assigned.
- Provide meeting coordination and administrative support to COO’s role as executive office liaison to the Wolf Trap Associates Board.
- Attend meetings, compile and distribute minutes, and other materials as necessary.
- Manage the year round Nonprofit Ticket Donation program for The Barns at Wolf Trap and the Filene Center.
- Manage the ordering and distribution of the Filene Center summer season parking passes in coordination with the National Park Service and key Foundation staff.
- Coordinate and manage Foundation Holiday card distribution with Communications and Marketing, Development and other designated department staff.
- Manage Wolf Trap historical archive acquisitions and requests; maintain the archival database.
- Together with the support of key Foundation staff, coordinate the compilation and submission of special funding requests including the National Park Service Performing Arts Grant and the Fairfax County Contributory Budget Request.
- Order and distribute name badges for new employees and/or existing staff with name changes.
- Coordinate business card orders.
Front Desk Coverage:
- Serve as part of a pool of support staff to provide front desk coverage; welcome and assist all visitors to the Center for Education.
- Maintain security procedures by having all visitors sign in and issue volunteer visitor badges.
- Screen, route and respond to general phone inquiries.
- Accept packages and notify appropriate staff person or department; provide access to loading dock for deliveries as appropriate.
- Answer and/or forward email inquiries from the Wolftrap@wolftrap.org mailbox.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years administrative/executive support experience required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in use of computers and appropriate software technology, including Zoom and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point); familiarity with The Raiser’s Edge donor management system or similar database software preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, courtesy and judgment in working with all levels of staff, board members, volunteers, patrons and external stakeholders
- Effective customer service and problem solving skills; experience with and ability to anticipate and execute on needs of senior executives and board leadership
- Excellent time management skills, with experience overseeing, prioritizing and successfully executing projects on multiple deadlines
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Highly organized; strong attention to detail
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Regularly operates a computer and other office equipment (i.e. calculator, copier, printer, etc.)
- Regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, bend and reach with arms
- Lift/move up to 10 pounds infrequently
POSITION REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
POSITION MANAGES: None
POSITION LOCATION: Hybrid – will require days onsite and allow telework
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We work to reflect and be representative of the communities in which we serve and in which we reside. Qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance or an accommodation in our job application processes should contact email@example.com. An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check and providing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who cannot get vaccinated for bona fide disability or religious reasons should also contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org so they can determine if reasonable accommodations can be made.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We offer an outstanding benefits package that includes fully-paid medical and dental premiums for employees and their dependents, 20 paid holidays, generous Annual/Sick/Personal Leave, 403(b) match, flexible work hours and more.