Job description–Arts Education Program Manager
Overview: This position is responsible for implementing and managing ArtsFairfax’s arts education programs for all constituencies including but not limited to: artist residencies, creative aging initiatives, Fairfax Poet Laureate community engagement projects, student scholarships and awards, professional development for artists and arts administrators, and poetry program.
Benefits: 100% major medical health benefits for employee, with the option to add family coverage at employee expense. Employees receive paid vacation, sick, holidays, jury duty, bereavement, and personal days per HR Policies Manual. We offer a retirement program for non-matched employee contribution.
Artist Residency Program in Fairfax County Public Schools
- Planning, Execution, and Evaluation of Teaching Artist training and three artist residencies in schools.
- Work with Director of Public Information, After School Coordinators, and teaching artists to market the program.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with teaching artists, teachers, administrators.
Arts for Life Creative Aging Program
- Work with Neighborhood and Community Services to plan, Execute, and Evaluate of Creative Aging Festival and 4-6 artist residencies in Virtual Center for Active Adults and senior centers.
- Serve as main point of contact with teaching artists, Neighborhood and Community Services, senior center staff, and other community partners.
- Planning, Execution and Evaluation of 4-6 WORK-SMART professional development workshops and 2021 Performing Arts Readiness Art of Mass Gathering Program (AOMG).
- Serve as main point of contact with program facilitators and partners.
- Develop arts education and arts management resources for website.
Scholarships and Awards
- Work with community arts partners to select and distribute 3-8 student scholarships per year.
- Coordinate ArtsFairfax representation at scholarship award events.
Fairfax Poet Laureate and Poetry Program
- Coordinate Poet Laureate Program including selection process, liaison with the Laureate and community partners.
- Work with Fairfax Poet Laureate to design community engagement programs.
- Manage Poet Laurate selection process in coordination with Grant Manager.
- Provide logistical support for workshops, events, and community meetings.
- Serve as Point of Contact for community engagement for Poet Laureate.
- Work with communications team to promote Poet Laureate and the poet laureate initiatives.
- Coordinate correspondence, communications, agreements, and payments to partner organizations, speakers, facilitators, teaching artists, and scholarship recipients.
- Work with Communications staff to promote arts education, professional development, and poetry programs and update website.
- Provide content for grant applications and final reports as needed to development staff.
- Maintain accurate records for retrieval of information by staff including signed agreements and payments.
- Create and update Donor Perfect records for Education program.
- Keep Outlook calendars up to date for Education program.
- Assist with development of program budgets for Education program.
- Help articulate and advocate for arts education policy issues effecting Fairfax County.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Background and Experience working in arts education and art program management.
- Knowledge of the Fairfax and regional arts community.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to plan, initiate and complete tasks and projects independently, as well as ability to work well in a team planning environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple complex programs simultaneously.
- Ability to work diplomatically with staff, board members, and arts community.
- Proficiency with Word, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience facilitating and moderating online meetings preferred.
Position reports to: Director of Grants and Services
ArtsFairfax: ArtsFairfax is a 501(c)3 local arts agency that provides arts information and advocacy services to the general public; grants financial support to arts organizations and programs in Fairfax County; and offers arts services to artists, arts organizations and the Fairfax community.
How to apply: E-mail resume & cover letter to Lisa Mariam, Director of Grants and Services at email@example.com Position open until filled.