Connecting Professional Artists with Schools
The Artist Residency Program provides opportunities for Fairfax County artists to share their expertise through unique arts education programming that supplements the school curriculum. The artists engage students in cross-curricular learning by connecting their artistic processes in a fine arts discipline with social studies, language arts, mathematics, or sciences to enhance students’ skills in creativity, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration.
There are several ways to engage with the ARTSFAIRFAX Artist Residency Program:
- View the list of residencies and artists and bring an ARTSFAIRFAX Artist Residency to Your School.
- Consider applying to be an ARTSFAIRFAX Artist in Residence in the future – click here to apply for the FY20 application.
- Arts Education Panel: The 2019 topic, schedule, and speakers are being planned.
- Teaching Artist Professional Development Seminar: information will be available soon.
- For more information on the ARTSFAIRFAX Artist Residency Program, download the Handbook.