Connecting Professional Artists with Schools
The Artist Residency Program provides opportunities for Fairfax County artists to share their expertise through unique arts education programming that supplements the school curriculum. The artists engage students in cross-curricular learning by connecting their artistic processes in a fine arts discipline with a social studies, language arts, mathematics, or sciences to enhance students’ skills in creativity, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration.
There are several ways to engage with the ARTSFAIRFAX Artist Residency Program:
- Apply to be an ARTSFAIRFAX Artist in Residence for FY19 – the deadline to apply is June 1, 2018.
- Attend the Teaching Artist Professional Development Seminar, Tuesday, September 25 through Friday, September 28, 2018 – learn more and register today.
- Attend the Arts Education Panel with Dr. Alexander Pantelyat of Johns Hopkins University Center for Music and Medicine and Noah Scalin of Another Limited Rebellion on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 8:00am – learn more and register today.
- View the list of residencies and artists and bring an ARTSFAIRFAX Artist Residency to Your School.
- For more information on the ARTSFAIRFAX Artist Residency Program, download the Handbook.