Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is the official partner to the National Park Service in providing concert and performance programming within Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts. As a non-profit organization, the Foundation is dedicated to creating excellent performing arts experiences for the enrichment, education, and enjoyment of diverse audiences. In addition to the work at the park, the Foundation programs and produces music year-round at The Barns at Wolf Trap, manages Wolf Trap Education’s varied programs for life-long learning and operates Wolf Trap Opera’s internationally renowned training and performance program.
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts seeks a Program Coordinator, DC/MD/VA Program to coordinate local programs and activities of the Wolf Trap Institute.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement to devise, plan and implement DC/MD/VA Program services including Residencies, Professional Development and Family Involvement Workshops, and Demonstration Residency/Institute Program Observation opportunities. Ensure that commitments are fulfilled in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner.
- Make strategic decisions regarding coordination, implementation, and application of designated services to ensure program policies and practices are applied with integrity.
- Manage Institute services, maintaining communication throughout service timeframe. Ensure that all involved parties receive confirmation details for services.
- Develop, cultivate, nurture, and sustain DC/MD/VA partnerships.
- Serve as a liaison with teachers, school administrators, and teaching artists regarding DC/MD/VA program services and program effectiveness.
- Lead, organize and conduct orientation sessions that outline goals and procedures for teachers and teaching artists.
- Collaborate with Institute team to develop programs and special initiatives.
- Accurately document, track, and report on DC/MD/VA services/programs.
- Create and submit reports per funding/grant requirements.
- Provide program information and data to support internal departments.
- Maintain systems and procedures, including service, contract, and invoice tracking for Institute programs and program evaluation systems.
- Create and process contracts.
- Manage and maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions for all designated services/projects.
- Advise management and collaborate with team on budget and service planning.
- Represent Wolf Trap Institute with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two to four years’ experience working with performing artists/teaching artists, school systems, funding sources
- Experience in early childhood education or professional development programs preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and identify departmental needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Qualified candidates can apply online at https://goo.gl/jpCvwZ
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.